Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween 2012

BOO!

Hello ghouls and gals!  Halloween, as many of you already know, is my favorite holiday.  From the crisp, chilly weather to the crunchy leaves, decorating and pumpkin carving, Halloween is by far the most enjoyable holiday for me.  My costume this year was homemade, (of course) however it was wayyy more money than Mandy and I had anticipated.  We decided  we wanted to be My Little Ponies!  To start, we went to Joann's Fabrics on Forest Avenue and perused tons of aisles filled with every type of fabric you could think of.  We finally settled on a light sparkly pink cotton fabric and a light sparkly blue.  Since neither Mandy or I are seasoned seamstresses, we had no idea how many yards we would need.  We decided that three yards each of the fabric spools would suffice, (and give us extra when we messed up).  We bought elastic bands and red, blue, white and yellow felt.  This store could drive you nuts!  We bought pink and blue wired ribbons and TONS of multicolored neon tulle as well as glue sticks.  Our bill was $86.00!!

It took us a full week to assemble our costumes.  First, we wrapped the fabric around our waist and cut where needed.  Then we wrapped fabric around our arms and legs and cut those lengths too.  We glued elastic around the fabric skirt, arm sleeves and leg sleeves so they would stay up.  Not only was this process tedious, but it was painful as well.  As Mandy's human model, she kept burning me with the hot glue gun in ever so tender places such as the butt, arms and calves.  By the time we were finished, Mandy's hands were blistery and my cheeks were sore! The tulle pony tail was easy, we just cut strips of each neon color and bundled them together with a hair band.  With the felt, we cut out moons and stars, (Mandy was the blue pony) and clouds and rainbows, (I was the pink pony).

Our headbands were the hardest piece to create.  The ears resembled more of a bunny than a pony, but after multiple trial and errors, we got it right.  When all was said and done, our costumes were great successes! We even landed best costume for the night! 

By the end of the night my hooves were killing me!  Here are some pictures from the night...


 
Frank went as Forest Gump.  He's holding a delicious box of chocolates, (which I snatched!).

 
 
Here's blue pony Mandy!
 
 
 
The ponies and Gem!

 
 
 
Zombie Justin and pink and blue ponies.


 
 
Our tails!  So much fun!

 
 
Here are pictures of me and princess Jasmine, as well as rockstar guitar man rex and his groupie!
 

 
I wish I could show all of the pictures but it would take just too long! This little pony drank wayyy to much water last night so this blog is short and sweet. Have a safe and FANTASTIC Halloween!



















 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment